Adrian Hogg CEO
areas of expertise
- Capital markets licensing, establishment, launching and operation
- Member firm establishment, management and supervision
- Investment business structuring, set-up and administration
- Corporate structuring, management and trust arrangements
- Licensing, regulatory and compliance (including AML and CFT)
- Governance, policy and procedures frameworks
- Bachelors Honours Degree in European Finance and Accounting, Leeds Business School, Leeds Beckett University, England
- Master of Business Administration (MBA), University Bremen, Germany
- Fellow (FCA) of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW)
Having lived and worked in Europe, Australia and the Americas, and being formerly of KPMG, Bank of East Asia, and Grant Thornton (partner for 10 years), Adrian is an FCA (ICAEW) with 25+ years experience in licensing, regulatory, structuring, capital markets, and investment business.
Adrian has acted as Chairman of a national funds and investments businesses association, sat on a national finance centre council, and has been a member of a number of regulatory panels and working groups responsible for amending and drafting various investment business and financial services rules, laws and regulations.
Adrian is a regulator approved director of the Gibraltar Stock Exchange (2014 to present), was CFO and COO of a licensed and regulated blockchain exchange, COO and director of a licensed virtual currency wallet provider, held a Practising Certificate issued by the ICAEW (2007 to 2017), was a regulated and licensed Statutory Auditor (2007 to 2017), was a regulator approved director of a licensed Company Manager, Trustee and Collective Investment Fund Administrator (2007 to 2020), has sat on the board of multiple licensed funds, and currently sits on the board of multiple digital currency and digital securities exchange and capital markets applicants in multiple jurisdictions globally.
Adrian was a co-founder and managing director of a stock exchange member firm and an investment business services company. Adrian has overseen the licensing and establishment of multiple regulated entities including traditional, digital currency and digital securities exchanges, money payment transmitters, investment dealers, brokers, asset and portfolio managers, collective investment scheme administrators and multiple alternative investment funds and hedge funds from multiple jurisdictions globally.
As CEO, Adrian is responsible ensuring the delivery of Genisys’ business objective and strategy to provide turnkey strategic solutions to exchange partners to build digital currency and digital securities exchanges globally that utilise GATENet’s Digital FMI.